Mission, Vision and Values
International Service empowers women, children and young people, and people with disabilities to access their rights across the developing world. Since 1953, we have protecting and promoting the rights of some of the most marginalised people in the world. We strengthen the skills and knowledge of local organisations - increasing the impact of their work and their ability to advocate for positive, sustainable change.
Work with us, people gain access to the rights which given them the power to change their lives; the right to be free from violence or abuse, to an education and qualifications, to skills jobs or to develop their business, to stay healthy, to access locations and take a full part in life.
Is a fairer world where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and reach their full potential.
Is to empower and strengthen individuals, organisations and communities, build capacity, promote inclusion and maximise potential.
- To respect and value those we work with
- To act with integrity at all times and to be transparent and accountable in all we do
- To communicate effectively and openly
- To value diversity
- To use our energy, skills and resources to deliver sustainable results
- To strive for excellence in all we do
- To encourage innovation and embrace change
- To work collaboratively with people and organisations
- To continuously learn and improve
- To recognise and support the human rights of individuals
International Service operates an ethics policy which underpins all our work, reflects our values and shapes our decision making across the organisation.
Complaints and Feedback
We set very high standards, occasionally we may not achieve these. When this does happen it’s important that we are told so that we can learn and improve, and if possible to quickly put things right and prevent it from happening again.