Volunteering with International Service UK
We could not do the work we do at International Service without the help of our volunteers.
Volunteers help to run assessment days for ICS and assist the different teams within our office, including finance, HR, media, IT, fundraising and development projects abroad. With such a diverse range of work done from our York Head Office, there are many opportunities for you to get involved!
Why volunteer?By volunteering with us you will be a part of the immensely valuable work done by International Service, making an important contribution to our efforts to protect and promote the rights of the most marginalised people in East and West Africa.
Not only this, you will also:
- Develop your understanding and gain first-hand experience of working in an international development charity;
- Build on your skills through working directly on projects;
- Be given the chance to work alongside experts who will be more than happy to give you help and advice;
- Receive full supervision throughout your time volunteering with us;
- On completion of your time with us, be awarded a certificate of appreciation, recognising the valuable contribution you have made to International Service.
General Volunteer Opportunities:
We regularly have opportunites for general volunteers within our York office. If you would like to volunteer with us, email your completed application form outlining your areas of knowledge and interests along with your equal opportunities monitoring form to . If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Become a Trustee
We are recruiting Trustees in January 2017. Get more details here on how you could help to shape our future.
Be an ICS Volunteer Selector:
We need selectors at our York office to help run our ICS assessment days, together with a team of ICS co-ordinators and staff. To learn more click here.
We look forward to meeting you!