International Women's Day 2017 - #BeBoldForChange
March 8th is International Women’s Day, which celebrates the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women across the globe. This year, International Women’s Day calls on us to #BeBoldForChange – to pledge action to forge a more inclusive world.
We’re celebrating all the ways our volunteers, partners and participants are being bold for change. We’re celebrating the rights, talents and achievements of women in our partner projects, who create positive change in their families, schools and communities. We’re celebrating our volunteers who promote the rights of women and girls, both in-country and back in the UK.
Our CEO, Jo Baker will be joining inspiring women in Tamale, northern Ghana, to discuss the challenges they’ve faced, and the bold actions they’ve taken to overcome these challenges. Jo will speak alongside:
- Bernice Ankrah (Ghana Country Director of Days for Girls)
- Madam Rabi (Programme Officer at partner organisation, WOSAG)
- A Social Worker and ICS Host Mother (tbc)
It’s simple to get involved, and join the celebration:
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get updates throughout the day.
- Take 5 minutes to read about one of our inspiring partners, Madam Weedad, founder of WOSAG.
- Learn more about our work with Women and Girls.
- Or find out how you can support our life-changing work with women in Burkina Faso, Ghana and Rwanda.